OPI Natural Nails base coat, 1 coat
Don Deeva Box Office Bitch, 2 coats as a base [previously swatched]
Tonic Polish Queen [previously swatched]
Un-frog-gettable Cuticle Cover around my nails
L.A. Colors Rapid Dry top coat, 1 coat
Dreamland Lacquer Ooh Shiny QDTC, 1 coat
Oh my gosh, so many steps to create this mani but it is well worth it. It came out really nicely and I have been flashing and moving my nails around a lot. I’ll detail the steps I took below!
The steps I took to achieve this mani:
1. Apply 2 coats of base color (in this case Box Office Bitch). Let dry (ish).
2. Apply tape or liquid latex or the like around your fingers for easier clean up.
3. Apply your polishes to a sponge for a gradient.
4. Sponge polishes on until desired opacity is achieved.
5. Apply a thin layer of the magnetic polish just at the tips and use a magnet right away.
6. To conceal the line where you applied the magnetic polish, sponge on a thin layer of the gradient.
7. Take off the tape/liquid latex.
8. Clean up if needed.
9. Apply 1 coat of a regular top coat (not quick dry) and use a magnet directly afterwards.
10. Apply 1 coat of quick dry top coat, if preferred.
I did try it opposite – magnetic polish as a base first, then the thermal on top; while it was pretty, I found I preferred it with the thermal as a base color. I think it really comes down to just personal preference.