Good morning all! I can’t believe it’s the last week of 2015, can you? Seriously December just flew by and I’m amazed 2016 is right around the corner. Just a quick review of The Grape Beyond by Firecracker Lacquer for you this morning before we get into the weekly links from the Beauty Blog Coalition. 🙂
The Grape Beyond is a warm, red-toned purple creme nail polish. Shown here is 2 thin coats plus top coat, as it dries matte.
I’ve used thin coats as thick coats make this polish a little unmanageable. You do need to let each coat dry well before applying another coat as otherwise you’ll have dragging.
This is one of my first experiences with Firecracker Lacquer. I honestly wasn’t sure about this polish at first because I used thicker coats and it didn’t apply too nicely. I’m glad I tried again with thinner coats! This also was priced nicely for an indie creme polish – only $7.50 as of this writing.
I do have one other polish from Firecracker Lacquer and I look forward to trying out more! Now let’s see what the Beauty Blog Coalition members had going on this week:
- TheFabZilla: Check out TheFabZilla’s Holiday Makeup: Black Smokey Eyes and Luminous Berry Lips
- Painted Ladies: Sheila has a rave review for the last Ipsy bag of 2015!
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: Luxury Holiday Gift Guide
- Color Me So Crazy: I Have Help from Michael Todd for my Winter Lip Problems
- I Know all the Words: Deep and gorgeous jewel tones for the perfet winter manicure from the Ceramic Glaze Fall/Holiday Collection
- Beauty by Miss L: The worst beauty products I tried and reviewed in 2015.
- Makeup Obsessed Mom: What’s new at the drugstore? Stop by to see what’s hot now.