Good morning lovely readers! It’s Friday and the weekend, and for many of you, that might mean it’s date night. I see a lot of people on Facebook, twitter, and elsewhere asking about what to do on their nails for their date night, so I thought I would share with you two outfits and 3 manicures I’ve done for each outfit.
“Night Out With Friends” Outfit + Manicures
“Date Night With Your Honey” Outfit + Manicures
A date night for my husband and I is a fairly rare thing – mainly because he hates going out and I have to drag him. So I tend to really dress up (and make him dress up!) and look nice in a dress and heels.
Suggestions for Your Night Out Manicure!
Here are my suggestions for your night out manicure:
- Start out by making sure your nails are clipped/filed, clean, and apply base coat.
- Choose complementary colors to your outfit (including your shoes & other accessories).
- If you’re only going to a one-color manicure, make sure you create the maximum impact by choosing a striking color and cleaning up your manicure properly.
- If you’re going to do a more complicated design, make sure you leave yourself enough time to complete it!
- Top your manicure with a good top coat (Digital Nails Ain’t Nobody Got Time for That, ellagee Glass, HK Girl are some of my favorites) and let dry. After all, you want your manicure to last all night through dinner, drinks, and other activities!
- From personal experience: either do your makeup before your nails, or make absolutely sure your nails are dry before doing your makeup. There’s nothing worse that having the perfect nails and then doing your makeup and smudging your nails (especially the tips)!
I’d love to know what you do for date night nails! Do you keep it simple, or do you tend to glam up your nails? I’d love to hear about the last date night or fun night out with friends that you’ve had!