Good morning, I hope you have had a restful night’s sleep because I’m about to lay some learnin’ on ya! Remember the nail art I had a couple of days ago? Well, I have a tutorial for you, as promised (*cough*just a few days later *cough*).
I picked up three Rimmel London colors at Walmart the other day, specifically for this tutorial in mind, as my nail art the other day was a tad too dark for a tutorial. I wanted some bright colors that would really pop together, and I think I’ve hit the nail square on the head. I’m using Rimmel London Big Green Eyed Monster, Hot Chilli Pepper, and Purple Reign. You’ll also need a bit of wax paper or a flat art palette, and a plastic spoon.
I first started off with 2 coats of Rimmel London Big Green Eyed Monster. I’m currently having a weakness for bright greens and mint greens this summer, and this fulfills my bright green longing. Application was smooth and easy, if a bit thinner of a formula than I’m used to. While dry time wasn’t 60 seconds (more like 3-4 minutes), it was still good.
- Start with your choice of base color and let thoroughly dry. You’ll be pressing down fairly hard on your nail and you don’t want your base color to lift up.
- Drop a good size amount of nail polish onto your wax paper and press/swirl the back of the spoon into it.
- Press and roll onto your nail.
- Keep swirling the spoon into the nail polish (you’ll have to add more as you go along) and pressing it onto your nail until you get a pattern you like.
- Repeat with another color, if you like.
- Clean up and apply top coat.
In my opinion, these Rimmel London polishes were perfect for this kind of nail art. They were thin enough to work well with the spoon and dry quickly, but not too thin. For $1.50 polishes, I’m pretty impressed!
I’d love to know what you think of this tutorial! Don’t forget to share it if you like it (sharing buttons hang out below this post!). Until the next time,