Good afternoon everyone! I’m here with news about another upcoming nail art challenge hosted by the members of Challenge Your Nail Art group on Facebook. We’re going to be scaring up some frightening nail art for Halloween! Check out the prompts after the jump.
Good morning, my spooky readers! We’re inching closer and closer to Halloween and next week I’ll have even more Halloween manis to show you! Today, though, the Hobby Polish Bloggers group decided to get together for a Halloween mani link-up! The HPB is a group for bloggers who blog casually or for fun. It’s a great resource for those who are just starting out, or for those of us who have been doing this awhile. As a group, we’ll be doing a monthly link-up and today is our first one: Halloween!
So I was trying to get inspired for this and I came across one of those skull cameos on etsy (here’s one but they’re all over the place). Anyway, I thought I would try my hand at it.
I’ve used Jessica Sharktooth (white), Desire (red), Sunset Blvd (black), and Argon Blue. I was going to do a brocade-ish design on my pinky but kept messing it up, so I went with a saran wrap technique instead. Also, did you know that doing a skeleton in profile is FREAKING HARD?! LOL :P It totally didn’t come out how I wanted but oh well!
If you want to check out everyone else’s manicure, be sure to click the blue frog below:
I’d love to know what you think of my manicure today! Fail or not?
Good Friday morning! How has your week gone? I’ll be honest, the past few days have been miserable – one of my kids has been sick (…and whiny) so I’m totally out of energy at this point. Ugh! haha! Let’s get to today’s nail polishes from NYC New York Color: the Midnight Beauty collection.
Good morning friends! Today I have a nail art look that I created awhile back. I was inspired by Kristyn over at Glamour-Zine, who comes up with some really great and classy outfits. We are both Beauty Blog Coalition members, which is how I came to know & read her blog. Take a look at her outfit which I was inspired by (and click the photo to head to her post with full details):
Seriously, everything about this outfit screams “fierce coming through…outta the way!” If you take a peek at her blog post, those awesome shoes have studs that run along the back side of them, which take them to another level, in my opinion.
For my manicure, I started with OPI Cajun Shrimp on my ring and pinky fingers. I’ve used OPI My Vampire is Buff (one of my favorite neutrals!) on my middle and pointer fingers, then using wave decals and OPI Alcatraz Rocks, I created a design. (This was also created on my thumb.)
I loved this so much, I wore it on both hands for a week! I’d love to know what you think of it. In a month or so, I’ll have another look inspired by Kristyn, and I can’t wait to show you that one! :)
Where do you get inspired for your nails or your outfits? Let me hear it in the comments!
Hey hey, it’s the Monkees…no, wait, I meant… Hey Hey it’s Wednesday! I get ear worm tunes in my head way too easily. I just like music, and I must say that I’m not too discerning when it comes to what I like. Today I have a combination of two pretty polishes for you: Mentality Carol and Darling Diva Polish Temporary Insanity.
I really love this combination! It is so sparkly and pretty…two of my favorite things! What do you think?
Are you a music fan? I love pretty much all genres (maybe except death metal). Do you like all genres or are you more selective than I am?
Sarey’s Berry was a pre-order that Pahlish had awhile back. There was so much hype about this polish, and everyone was clamoring to get their hands on it. Being that it’s Pahlish, one of my favorite companies, how could I say no? I first started off with Barielle base coat, and followed it with A Girl Obsessed Matte-ict top coat. This is 2 coats of Sarey’s Berry: This macro is as close as I could get to color-accuracy: I then used ellagee glass on top: I have to admit, my pictures are as close to color-accurate as I could get them, but they are still not as warm as the polish is in real life. I also didn’t love this as much as I should, so I RAOK’d this to my good friend, Kate.
It’s a Monday morning and I’m sucking down my coffee as if my life depended on it (well, not really *my* life, but someone’s life depends on me getting coffee). So while I’m struggling to put a coherent sentence together, let’s look at some pretty polish, shall we?
Today is all about CrowsToes Cheshire, a sparkly glitter bomb of a polish. This was a really sweet RAOK from a wonderful lady in a CrowsToes group I am in. This has purple glitters in all shapes and sizes, along with gold and holo and magenta glitters. This is based, quite obviously, on the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland. I first tried 1 coat plus dabbing over Mentality Wangari:
I then used 1 coat + dabbing over Pahlish Rubbish Robots:
I can’t quite decide which way I like it better, but I think I like it over the dark polish better. What do you think?
Now I’m off to caffeinate myself some more, what are you up to today?
- TheFabZilla: Chucky may have pranked me. Check out the case of the missing brow liner from Charlotte Tilbury. Worst purchase yet?
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: With all of the gorgeous holiday color collections launching, have you put together your lust list? I have!
- Painted Ladies: False lashes at your fingertips! Lash Closet is a first-of-its-kind false lash subscription service.
- Beauty by Miss L: Check out Leelo´s Halloween themed little monsters nail art
- Color Me So Crazy: In need of a little color now that the summer is gone?? Try Karora Self Tanning products!
- Lipgloss Break: Review of Nubar Nail Lacquer ‘Fall in Love Collection.’ Great shades that are long lasting!
- Grow It Girl: Tiki found the perfect fall vampy nail polish that’s low odor. Check out what polish she is currently loving.
- Never Say Die Beauty: Allison got another good ipsy bag this month & it arrived early!
- beautyXposé: As the seasons change, so does your skin’s needs. Today, we’re bringing in an expert to talk to you about transitional skin care.
- Be Happy And Buy Polish: Do you need ideas to take your work manicure to a WOW manicure? Jessica at Be Happy And Buy Polish has you covered!
- I Know all the Words: Go full on Black Honey gorgeous this Fall with the Clinique Black Honey Beauty SetOkay, have a great rest of your day and I’ll see you tomorrow! :)