Hi everyone! I’m here with part two of Darling Diva Polish‘s “Hug My Face” collection, inspired by one of their favorite movie anthologies, Aliens! If you missed part one (shame, shame), make sure you click here to check it out. Click through to see the other 5 polishes to this collection. :)
Good morning, my faithful readers! I have quite the post for you today, so I wanna jump right into it. :D Darling Diva Polish will be releasing a new collection called the “Hug My Face” collection, inspired by one of their favorite movie anthologies, Aliens! I’m dividing this up into two posts, because I could not stop taking photos #sorrynotsorry! Click through to see all the beautimus polishes:
Bonjour readers! Did I ever tell you of my laziness when I was a senior in high school? All four years, I took spanish in high school and my senior year I decided to take French I. Easiest class I ever took! Anyway, I have a super bright and fun skittlette manicure to show you with Pahlish Little Bread and Butterflies.
Little Bread and Butterflies is a super bright yellow (with a tinge of green) nail polish with multi-color pastel flakies. I paired it with tribal nail vinyls from KBShimmer and purple square studs from Daily Charme (umm don’t ask where I got that silver diamond-ish shaped stud, I have no idea!).
I received so many compliments on this manicure, and it could not have been easier because of the vinyls! Isn’t it nice when you don’t have to expend a lot of energy to have a really great manicure?
Maxwell Demon is a pale peachy-nude base nail polish with glitters of teal blue, red, purple, plus a faint pink (?) shimmer. I’ve used 3 coats here plus matte top coat.
Of course, I have to make it all shiny and pretty! I’ve been lemming after this one for awhile so when I was able to purchase it, I was so happy! :D
Now let’s see what the BBC members were up to this week:
- Be Happy And Buy Polish: Need a sparkly manicure for these end of summer days? Don’t miss this Verity + CrowsToes nail polish combo from Jessica!
- TheFabZilla: Another week, another jewel-toned eye look. Check out TheFabZilla’s Amethyst Eyes
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: Nude lip gloss junkies, you haven’t lived until you have tried the delectable Clarins Eclat Minute Instant Light Natural Lip Protector in Nude Shimmer! It’s GORGEOUS!
- Painted Ladies: Who doesn’t love a good matte liquid lipstick? Sheila has comparisons from Anastasia Beverly Hills, Ofra, ColourPop, L.A. Girl, and more!
- Beauty on the Bayou: A MASCARA THAT DOES IT ALL â€“ Stila HUGE Extreme Lash Mascara
- I Know all the Words: Re-think foundation with the new Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation
- AdviceSisters Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle : What do Britney Spears, Taylor Swift and Jennifer Anniston all have in common?
- ProcrastiNails: If you’re looking to add some extra color to your life you will definitely want to check out Katherine’s swatches of the OPI Color Paints Collection!
- Beauty by Miss L: The Body Shop Pomegranate Softening Cream Cleanser and Firming & Refreshing Eye Roll-On are promised to address the signs of ageing and help the skin feel firmer and softer.
- Makeup Obsessed Mom: Does this new eye shadow palette live up to it’s name? See Stacie’s review of the Delectables Palette.
- Color Me So Crazy: Some of MY Summer Time Faves ALL in ONE Post!!
- Never Say Die Beauty: Allison is sporting groomed brows from the new Mirabella Beauty Borrowed from the Boys Brow Collection
- From My Vanity: Katie shared a review and lip swatches of 3 Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipstick colors that were added to their collection recently!
- Notes from My Dressing Table: Pithy and to the point reviews on lots of goodies in one post! Erika’s Skin Care Sample Extravaganza!
- Confessions of a Makeup Addict : Fall Beauty Wishlist
- Collective Beauty : Review and swatches of Makeup Geek Eyeshadows!
Glorious Friday, where have you been all week? Good thing I have an equally glorious nail polish to go with this Friday: CrowsToes Edgy Red, a nail polish exclusive to Edgy Polish.
Edgy Red is a deep berry red holographic nail polish. It reminds me of the stain you get on your fingers when you eat raspberries. LOL!
I’ve used 3 coats plus top coat here. You can see on my pointer finger how the polish looks like a deeper red sometimes.
In the sun though, is where this polish really gives it the old one-two punch! Seriously, would you look at the flash!
Of course, I just had to add another sun photo just for good measure. :P This is definitely one of those polishes were you just sit in some sunshine and play around moving your fingers. :D
When’s the last time you were so enamored with a polish? Share with me!
Good Wednesday morning all! Our household is getting geared up for the start of school next week and everyone is running around freaking out – with the exception of my husband who has the most calm demeanor. LOL! Today I am showing you a nail polish combo that has been popular on the blog since I first posted it: Sally Hansen Hypnautical.
I no longer have Violet Vintage, so I’m using 2 coats of Sally Hansen Water Orchid as a base with 1 1/2 coats of Hypnautical over the top – here with matte top coat.
This time, I had trouble getting those larger flakie pieces out of the bottle, which was a little disappointing because I really still like Hypnautical. Do you ever re-visit a polish combination and are let down?
Oh Monday, why do you come so fast? It seems like you race toward us every weekend. *le sigh* Good thing that today I have a spangly nail polish combo with CrowsToes Boat Drinks and Verity Soft Green.
Verity Soft Green (previously swatched) is a really lovely brighter minty green nail polish. CrowsToes Boat Drinks is a clear based topper with small gold holographic specks, circles in gold and purple, and hexes in gold and purple.
I’ve used 1 coat of Boat Drinks over 3 coats of Soft Green.
I waited so long to buy Boat Drinks because I just wasn’t sure that I’d like it, to be honest.
But now that I have it and tried it out, I adore it! The purple is perfect with the gold and the holographic glitters just are the perfect touch.
Is there a polish you’ve been waiting on buying? What has held you back?